Welcome to WOMEN CELL
The cell was established in 2018 for promoting gender equality and gender justice in all its intervention and practices. The aim of the cell is to enhance understanding of issues related to women and to make the college campus a safe place for them.
Women cell aims at empowering and orienting women to recognize their true potential and to help them attain their own stand in the society. Its goal is the overall development in all spheres of their life.
Main objectives of the Women Cell:
- The college aims to provide and maintain a healthy, safe, congenial learning environment for girl students, female staff free from gender discrimination and sexual harassment.
- To Building a positive image of women in the society and recognising their contributions in social, economic and political sphere.
- To enhance self-esteem and self confidence among women students and staff.
- To foster decision making ability.
- To increase awareness of women related social issues, health, employment and gender related matters.
- To realize the role of women in building up of a healthy society.
- Organizing special lectures by women achievers and interaction with students
- Workshops related to self-employment of girl students.
Members of Women Cell:
- Jayashri Roy.(Coordinator)
- Ratna Biswas, Assistant Professor -Member
- Uma Rani Chowdhury, Non-Teaching Staff