Code of Conduct
FOR THE STUDENTS The students must follow the rules of the college and hostel. The objective is to provide a peaceful atmosphere for study and to maintain discipline inside the College Campus and hostel.
- All students must be obedient and follow class routine.
- They should be regular and punctual.
- It is a serious offence to be absent from a class while being present in the campus.
- No student is permitted to go outside the college campus during college hours without the permission from the college authorities.
- Students must keep the campus and classrooms clean. Defacing the walls, equipments, furniture is strictly prohibited.
- Students must turn off all the electrical equipments and lights before leaving their classrooms.
- Presence at morning assembly is compulsory.
- The boys and girls are instructed to dress gracefully/decently inside college campus and hostel.
- Students should remember that this is a ragging-free campus. The college maintains zero tolerance regarding ragging.
- The College expects students of both sexes to foster a healthy and decent relationship both on campus and off the campus.
- Smoking/Drinking or any sort of addiction is strictly prohibited.
- Students carrying any contagious illness must report the same to the college.
- Students must take part in different co-curricular activities (cultural programme, sports, quiz, debate etc.) organized by the institution.
- During leisure hours the students are advised to use the Library or Common Room.
- Students are instructed not to use mobile phones frequently in the classrooms.
- Students should take care of their belongings. The Institution will not be responsible for any loss.
- No student is allowed to bring visitors in the classroom.
- It is a serious offence to be absent from a class while being present in the hostel.
- Gate-passes permission of the Principal/ Superintendents will be required during hostel hours (other than college hours).
- Seats at the hostel must not be changed or furniture removed without the permission of the Hostel Superintendent.
- Any damage done to the fittings or furniture will incur fines. Boarders must keep their own rooms perfectly clean and tidy and their things decently arranged.
- Students must turn off all the electrical equipments and lights before leaving their rooms.
- Students will be served meal only at the specified timing. Wasting food and water is not encouraged.
- Besides, they are to wash their own utensils after meals and tiffin and keep them in their proper places.
- Student should not enter rooms of fellow students without permission.
*Any student, not conforming to the norms of the college and the hostel, is liable to disciplinary measures ranging from fines to expulsion.
FOR THE TEACHERS
- Teachers should be punctual and well mannered.
- Teachers must report in time to duty as per the working hours
- Teachers should sign the attendance register and give biometry while reporting for duty.
- Teachers must be aware that their workload is 40 hours a week even though their maximum class hours are only 16 a week.
- Teachers must maintain honesty, integrity and fairness in all the activities. Teachers should maintain decorum both inside and outside the classroom and set a good example to the students.
- Teachers must exercise self-discipline and restrain at all times while dealing with other faculty members, students and staff.
- Teachers must be willing to execute Qualitative and Quantitative work for the welfare of the College. Teachers should carry out other academic, co-curricular and organizational activities that may be assigned to them from time to time.
- Teachers must not divulge official secrets, mutilate, expunge, conceal or forge any official document.
- Mentor – Mentee must be effectively implemented. Teachers shall monitor the respective group of students who are under them.
- Assignment topics for each course are to be given to the students within a week of the beginning of the semester.
- Assignments should be written in Note Books. The Note Books are to be collected from the students in time.
- Class Tests are to be conducted in each semester. Answer scripts are to be evaluated for each semester.
- Teachers should be good counsellors and Facilitators. They should help, guide, encourage and assist the students to ensure that the Teaching-Learning Process is effective and successful.
- Value based education must be their motto.
- Teachers should remain in the campus till the end of the College hours.
- Prior written permission is required from the Principal atleast a day in advance while availing CL.
- The total period of continuous absence from duty should not exceed ten days.
- All must report for duty on the reopening day or the last working day of each semester.
- Teachers are barred from using cell phones while taking classes.
- Teachers are expected to attend Departmental meetings, seminars etc and also
- college functions like Sports Day, College Day, Independence Day and Republic
- Day celebrations without fail.
- Teachers are expected to Volunteer, to take up extra classes for remedial teaching, and other Career Oriented Programmes.
- No representation to any Government authority or University in the name of the College should be made, by any teacher, without the Principal or Secretary’s permission.
FOR NON TEACHING STAFF
- Non-Teaching staff working in the College office or departments should remain on Duty during College hours (11.00 a.m. to 5.30 p.m.).
- Non-Teaching staff should follow all norms and job details assigned by the College to the member from time to time with dedication.
- Non-Teaching staff should perform all the exam duties as assigned to them.
- Non-Teaching Staff assigned to Laboratories should keep the Labs clean.
- Any Loss or damage to any article in the Lab or Class Room should be reported to the Principal in writing immediately.
- Non-Teaching Staff, working in the Lab, shall maintain a stock register for all the articles, equipments, chemicals, etc. It shall be submitted to the HOD and the Principal at the end of each semester and their signatures obtained.
- As the technical and administrative staff are expected to work closely with the faculty of the College in day to day activities, the staff should Respect the prerogative of the faculty members.
- Develop friendly and co-operative relationship with the faculty members and students/parents/guardians/visitors.
- Co-operate whole heartedly with the authorities of the College in the fulfilment of mission and goals of College by performing his/her role in a professional manner.
- Non-Teaching staff should avoid unethical practices.